2019 Criteria for Grant Applicants
- A Georgia specific agency or organization receiving funds from Ribbons of Hope shall have 501 (c)(3) status, effective date must be before 06/30/2016.
- The program/project for which you seek funding will improve the lives of women and/or children in one or more of the following areas: health, education, economic independence, social well-being, human rights.
- Agency or organization will have at least three years of financial records and an annual operating budget of at least $500,000 (in-kind donations can be included).
- The grant will be used for special projects or capital improvement that can be sustained by the organization after the grant allocation.
- The grant may consider a limited amount to be used for salary, overhead, or other operating expenses for a new program.
- Preference will be given to programs and projects that can be fully funded by the $100,000 grant and are not reliant on other sources of funding to be successful.
- It is against the policy of Ribbons of Hope to contribute directly to private, tuition based educational institutions, political entities or religious institutions; however, programs affiliated with such organizations can be considered.
- April 16, 2019: On line application is available. Each applicant must download and complete the Grant Application form.
- May 31, 2019: Application is due. Please submit via DropBox using the Submissions Instructions. Do not submit partially-completed forms. You will receive an email shortly acknowledging your application. Once you submit your documents, you will be unable to make changes.
- Late July 2019: The Ribbons of Hope Grant Committee will review all of the submitted applications and notify those selected candidates for in depth interviews.
- September and October 2019: Site visits for the finalists will be conducted in late September through early October.
- End of October/Beginning of November 2019: Full membership votes and the Grant Recipient will be notified.
- Mid-November 2019: Award Presentation.